This section was developed by Matt Lister over many years, but he has now retired. Please send any additions/corrections to John Everingham [email@example.com].
- Common Questions
- Musical Allusions
How can I contact Elvis?
What's EC's real name? Why did he pick "Elvis Costello"? etc.
Answers to questions related to the lyrics of different songs.
Possible origins of some of EC's melodies and lyrics.
- How do I contact Elvis/his management?
- How do I join the Elvis Costello Mailing List?
- When will Elvis be playing in my town?
- Can I add a link from my page to yours?
- Where do the lyrics come from?
- What songbooks are available, and where can I get them?
- Submissions and How You Can Help
How do I contact Elvis/his management?No idea. I have no official ties to Elvis Costello or his record company(s). Try the Island Records web site. Or just leave the man alone, he has enough people that want a piece of his time.
How do I join the Elvis Costello Mailing List?Go to: info -> mailing lists
or go there direct: Mailing List
When will Elvis be playing in my town?You can trust me when I say that I never hesitate to put concert information up on the Upcoming page the moment I get it. I have no information beyond what's posted there.
Can I add a link from my page to yours?Absolutely!
I can't always promise a return link, however; particularly since there are already literally thousands of sites out there that already have links here, that I would have to accomodate first. If your page is particularly relevant to EC, though, odds are good that I will return the favour with a link back.
Where do the lyrics come from?Where possible, they come from album liner notes. The next source is the various Warner Brothers songbooks. When neither of those were available, the lyrics typically came from members of the EC mailing list, or from outside contributors.
What songbooks are available, and where can I get them?Warner Brothers printed a series of EC songbooks, including:
- "Elvis Costello -- A Singing Dictionary", covering MAIT, TYM, AF, GH!!, TL plus "That's What Friends Are For"
- "Everyday I Write The Song (Grumbling Appendix To The Singing Dictionary)", covering Trust, IB, PTC plus some great photos
- "Brutal Youth"
Submissions and How You Can HelpThe Elvis Costello web page has been a collaborative effort from the very start (you didn't think I typed everything up myself, did you?). Suggestions and additions sent in by web page accessors and mailing list members have made this page what it is and the constant influx keeps things from getting stale. So, here are some things that this web page could use. Send any and all info to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. (I work on a PC. JPEGs are preferred for pictures, in the highest quality possible. I can download them from your web page if you can't send them to me.)
The Elvis Costello Home Page
1/4 Harmans Road
Lyttelton CHRISTCHUTCH 8012
- Add a link to the Elvis Costello page from your home page.
- There are some gaps on the FAQ page; if you can supply some of the missing info, send it in.
- Type or scan in a concert review. We are always eager to hear from people lucky enough to see one of EC's recent shows.
- Type or scan in an article about EC that appeared in a newspaper or magazine.
- Send me your own review of a concert.
- Scan in any bootleg covers, photos, pictures, posters, concert tickets or other memorabilia.
- Work out some missing guitar chords.
- Send me your details, so you can be added to the fan page.
- Let me know if you spot any mistakes (misssspellings, factual errors, etc.) on any of the pages.