Bootleg: Plugging The Gaps
From The Elvis Costello Wiki
01. Alison (US version)
- (3:12) - US 7"
- (3:57) - b-side of Alison (US version) 7"
- (3:05) - b-side of Stranger In The House 7"
- (2:54) - b-side of Watching The Detectives 7"
- (2:04) - b-side of Watching The Detectives 7"
06. Cry, Cry, Cry
- (2:54) - b-side of I'm Your Toy 7"
- (2:24) - b-side of I'm Your Toy 7"
- (2:09) - b-side of I'm Your Toy 12"
09. Honky Tonk Girl
- (2:28) - b-side of I'm Your Toy 12"
- (4:18) - from Fundamental Frolics LP
- (2:13) - from Concerts For The People Of Kampuchea album
14. Town Cryer (fast version)
- (2:17) - b-side of Man Out Of Time 7" & 12"
- (2:55) - b-side of Madness 12"
16. Party Party
- (3:19) - from US 12" promo
- (2:43) - from Live For Ireland album
- (5:52) - from Bringing It All Back Home double album
21. Ship Of Fools
- (5:32) - from Deadicated
- Date: 1995
- Media: CD
- Catalogue number (comments): TONE-2CD001
- Collection of rarities and b-sides. About half the tracks are live. It seems that there are 2 pressings of this CD, the later one has the label printed on the front cover. I don't know if there is any difference in the quality of the 2, and I assume that the track listing is the same.
- A copy of the original was also issued on Chance Records (a subsidary of Red Robin). The cover is the same as the Tone version, but there is no mention of a catalogue number anywhere.
- Great sound throughout. - Live! Music Review (June)
- Sound isn't as good as some boots, but the material is good. Some of the live stuff sounds muffled. - Kristin Archick
- Excellent material & sound, and one of the best boots I've heard (9/10). I've compared a number of these tracks with the original vinyl & CDs and the treble lacks a little 'brightness', like when recording with Dolby. Also, there is occasional tape drop-out (most noticable at the start of Mischievous Ghost). However, these are very minor defects. - Paul Hosken
- Performance: 7/10. Sound: 6/10. - John Steffes
- allmusic.com details and review