Bootleg: Time To Play B-Sides!
01. You're No Good (2:19) - b-side of Veronica CD
02. The Room Nobody Lives In (4:53) - b-side of Veronica CD
03. Point Of No Return (2:34) - b-side of Baby Plays Around CD
04. The Ugly Things (2:54) - b-side of The Other Side Of Summer CD
05. Veronica (demo version) (3:00) - b-side of So Like Candy CD
06. Couldn't Call It Unexpected No. 4 (live) (4:32) - b-side of So Like Candy CD
07. Hurry Down Doomsday (The Bugs Are Taking Over) (MTV Unplugged) (4:17) - b-side of So Like Candy CD
08. Idiophone (0:32) - b-side of Sulky Girl CD
09. Idiophone (conclusion) (1:27) - b-side of Sulky Girl CD
10. A Drunken Man's Praise Of Sobriety / Puppet Girl (1:10+2:27) - b-side of Sulky Girl / 13 Steps Lead Down CD
11. Basement Kiss (3:11) - b-side of 13 Steps Lead Down CD
12. We Despise You (3:10) - b-side of 13 Steps Lead Down CD
13. Step Inside Love (2:46) - b-side of You Tripped At Every Step CD
14. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (2:38) - b-side of You Tripped At Every Step CD
15. Sticks And Stones (1:36) - b-side of You Tripped At Every Step CD
16. Life Shrinks (3:30) - b-side of It's Time CD
17. Brilliant Disguise (4:00) - b-side of It's Time CD
18. Almost Ideal Eyes (4:26) - b-side of Little Atoms CD
19. I Hope You're Happy Now (acoustic version) (3:00) - b-side of I Want You 7" & 12"
20. My Resistance Is Low (2:02) - b-side of London's Brilliant Parade 12"
21. Congratulations (2:51) - b-side of London's Brilliant Parade 12"
22. Do You Know What I'm Saying? (5:04) - b-side of 13 Steps Lead Down 7"
23. London's Brilliant (2:15) - b-side of London's Brilliant Parade 12"
24. Night Time (2:55) - b-side of Everyday I Write The Book 12"
25. Really Mystified (2:09) - on Sometimes A Great Notion charity LP
- Date: 1999
- Media: CD
- Catalogue number (comments): Tendolar TDR-142
- Collection of rarities and b-sides.
- A pretty straightforward compilation of the WB era b-sides. Should be a welcome addition to the collection of people who missed 'em the first time around. However, a large number of tracks from this era remain for new fans to search out since it looks like this compilation ignored his many guest appearances from these years. There's easily enough material out there to justify a second volume.
Sound should be pretty good as most of the tracks were undoubted dumped straight from CD to CD. I hope they used a CD source for Do You Know What I'm Saying?, tho, instead of the (slightly) more common vinyl.
Night Time and Really Mystified are presumably culled from the IB reissue. Why?
I Hope You're Happy Now may be a bit out of place chronologically, but given its rarity, it's a welcome inclusion.
The "cashbox version" of Complicated Shadows is conspicuous in its absence. Too bad the rarest b-side from this era is the one that didn't make the cut.... - T.J. Young